- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Accolades have been won by this underground eatery, both for its unique setting and its menu. It occupies the former boiler room of the Montvale Hotel and, modeling his creation on pubs and underground restaurants he's visited on his travels, owner Rob Brewster has incorporated stone walls, iron chandeliers, lots of brick, and wall tapestries. Try a thin-crust pizza or one of the European specialties, such as Hungarian meatballs. For dessert, pretend you're camping and toast s'mores at your table or try a dessert calzone. Daily happy hour specials include small pizzas and calzones for $5.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Special deal: 3-Star Ruby Fr $89+/Nt Expedia
- Visit Spokane for Less: Hotels Fr $50+/Nt Travelocity
- Up to 5% OFF on Spokane 9 Nts Htl + Air Fr $940 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Spokane Hotwire
- May deal: Travelodge at The Convention Center Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Expedia
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
Just starting to plan a possible drive and wondering if a good time to go to avoid crowds would be the end of August/first of September. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more