- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lovitt Restaurant Review
Occupying a 1908 farmhouse, it's no surprise that the emphasis here is on farm-fresh ingredients, and owners Norman and Kristen Six are sincerely committed to localized sourcing. Their original Lovitt Restaurant in Chicago won numerous accolades, and their talents have been well received here since their move back to where Norman grew up. The menu is driven by what's in season, but expect to find at least one vegetarian dish, as well as steak and burgers made from grass-fed beef. Flatbread starters come with toppings like Cougar Gold cheese and Dry Fly Gin cured salmon. Chocolate bonbons with homemade honey vanilla ice cream and cherry sauce are a favorite dessert item. In summer, enjoy outside dining with views of the bucolic Colville Valley. Reservations, while not required, are recommended due to the distance from Spokane.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Quality Inn Downtown 4th Avenue in May: $109 & Up Expedia
- Visit Spokane for Less: Hotels Fr $59+/Nt Travelocity
- $9.95 & up : Economy rentals in Spokane Hotwire
- Visit Spokane for Less: Hotels Fr $48+/Nt — $48 Travelocity
- $13.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Spokane — $14 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I am planning a trip that would include going both to the Tofino area of British Columbia (4 nights, 3 days) and the San Juan Islands (3 or 4 nights, 2 or 3 days), but am now wondering whether they are Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more