The park office distributes a useful, free, four-page guide for those planning overnight trips in the backcountry, Wilderness Trip Planner: A Hiker's Guide to the Wilderness of Mount Rainier National Park, available from park visitor centers. The free, quarterly Tahoma News newsletter lists current information on roads, campgrounds, and the like; it's available at visitor centers and online at www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/brochures.htm. Other helpful Web sites are www.visitrainier.com and www.mount.rainier.national-park.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel