Skagit River Resort
At a Glance
- convenient location
- great food
- online coupons add discounts
- a lot of rabbit droppings
Skagit River Resort Review
The Clark family runs this rambling resort at the western entrance to the North Cascades. Many of the clapboard cabins with kitchens have a gas or log fireplace; you also can stay in one of the charming second-floor bed-and-breakfast rooms, RVs with kitchens, or campsites along the Skagit River. You can book adventure tours, enjoy the spacious picnic grounds, listen to live music, and try "bunny-hole golf" on a course dug by local rabbits. The Eatery—a quaint, country-style restaurant and museum fronted by a huge sawmill mural—serves homemade cinnamon rolls and chicken-fried steak. Savory pies are made by Tootsie Clark, whose grandmother arrived here in 1888 by Indian canoe.
- Address: 58468 Clark Cabin Rd., (milepost 103.5 on North Cascades Hwy.), Rockport, WA, 98283 | Map It
- Phone: 360/873-2250; 800/273-2606
- Website: www.northcascades.com
- Location: Outside the Park
- 32 cabins, 4 B&B rooms with shared bath, 5 trailers, 30 RV sites, 15 tent sites.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
My cousin will be flying to Seattle on August 17 to meet up with his girlfriend and is looking for a car trip (or trips) they can take from Seattle over the following five or six days (will be flying back Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more