- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports & the Outdoors
On a scenic half-day raft trip you can traverse the lower section of the Stehekin River, which winds through cottonwood and pine forest, from Yawning Glacier on the slopes of Magic Mountain southeast to Lake Chelan. From June through September, guided trips on Class III waters leave from the Stehekin Valley Ranch. Trip prices are $35-$75. Stehekin Valley Rd., 3½ mi from Stehekin Landing, Stehekin. 509/682-4677 or 800/536-0745.
Mountain bikers also make their way into this rugged terrain. North Cascades Stehekin Lodge rents bikes for $5 per hour or $40 per day, and organizes seasonal trips. 509/682-4494. www.stehekin.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bellingham Hotwire
- Save $$ in Bellingham: Book Fr $80+/Nt Hotels.com
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- Explore Bellingham For Less! Book Fr $153+/Nt — $153 Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bellingham — $16 Hotwire