- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Larrabee State Park
Larrabee State Park Review
South of Chuckanut Bay along the Whatcom-Skagit county line, this rugged 2,683-acre tract is one of the state's most scenic and popular parks. It straddles a rocky shore that has quiet, sandy coves and runs high up along the slopes of Chuckanut Mountain. Even though the mountain has been logged repeatedly, some of it is still wilderness. Miles of trails lead through ferny fir and maple forests to hidden lakes, caves, and cliff-top lookouts from which you can see all the way to the San Juan Islands. At the shore there's a sheltered boat launch; you can go crabbing here or watch the birds—and the occasional harbor seal—that perch on the offshore rocks. The area west of Chuckanut Drive has picnic tables as well as tent and RV sites with hookups, which are open all year.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $129.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bellingham Hotwire
- Explore Bellingham For Less! Book Fr $119+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- Bellingham Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $91+/Nt — $91 Expedia
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bellingham — $16 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
As a family, father, mother daughter and Son all adults - are planning to spend about 15 days on Road starting out of Seattle around 18 Jun. Read more
· News & Features
A New York City judge has ruled against the use of apartments for "transient tenants," which includes ... Read more
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more