- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bellingham Cruise Terminal
Bellingham Cruise Terminal Review
This massive brick building surrounded by gardens dispatches daily ferries to the San Juan Islands, Victoria, and Alaska. There's terrific wildlife-watching right off the docks and adjacent shoreline, where sea lions, otters, and gray whales frolic out in the water as great blue herons, cormorants, and harlequin ducks bob on the surface. Fairhaven Marine Park, a long, sandy beach at the foot of Harris Avenue a few blocks south, is the place to launch sea kayaks. A rough trail runs south from the park along the railroad tracks to shingle beaches and rocky headlands, where you'll find clams, summer blackberries, and splendid views of Lummi Island.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $95.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bellingham Hotwire
- Save $$ in Bellingham: Book Fr $80+/Nt Hotels.com
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- $119 & Up: Cheap Bellingham Stay — $119 Save with Hotels.com, $8/night less
- $15.95 & up : Economy rentals in Bellingham — $16 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We'll be spending 2 days in the Woodinville, WA and 2 in Yakima area. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines. ... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more