- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Apple Country Tours has farm tours, and the Cascade Foothills Farmland Association has mapped out a driving tour of local orchards and vineyards. The Lady of the Lake Boat Company takes you up the lake on narrated cruises. Upper Lake Chelan tours are arranged by the Lady of the Lake II folks; options include a Stehekin Valley bike tour and a bus trip (including lunch) to Rainbow Falls and the High Bridge Gorge.
On Rainbow Falls tours, operators use an old school bus to take you 3½ mi up-valley to the 312-foot cascade. There are also stops at an old schoolhouse and a bakery. The driver, who narrates the tour, is an inexhaustible source of local lore. Tours are offered year-round—even in winter when the falls are frozen.
Apple Country Tours. 866/459-9614. www.washingtonapplecountry.com.
Cascade Foothills Farmland Association. 125 Easy St., Wenatchee, WA. 509/663-5159. www.visitwashingtonfarms.com.
Lake Chelan Tour Boat. Chelan, WA. 509/682-8287.
Upper Lake Chelan Tours. Chelan, WA. 509/682-4584. www.ladyofthelake.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Bellingham For Less! Book Fr $153+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $17/night less
- Book in Bellingham: Save this May Fr $153+/Nt Expedia
- $19.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Bellingham Hotwire
- Save $$ in Bellingham: Book Fr $80+/Nt — $80 Hotels.com
- $16.95 & up : Compact rentals in Bellingham — $17 Hotwire