Olympic National Park Feature
Top Reasons to Go to Olympic National Park
Exotic rain forest: A rain forest in the Pacific Northwest? Indeed, Olympic National Park is one of a few places in the world with this unique temperate landscape.
Beachcombing: Miles of spectacular, rugged coastline dotted with tidal pools, sea stacks, and driftwood hem the edges of the Olympic Peninsula.
Nature's hot tubs: Take a relaxing dip in the wooded heart of the park at the Sol Duc hot springs, a series of geothermal mineral pools.
Lofty vistas: The Olympics have plenty of peaks you can climb—or just drive up to Hurricane Ridge for endless views over the ranges.
A sense of history: The first evidence of humans on the Olympic Peninsula dates back 12,000 years. Today, eight tribes still have traditional ties to lands in Olympic National Park, and there are ample opportunities for exploring Native American history in and around the region.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Starting Fr $139: Great Port Angeles Price Hotels.com
- $121 & Up: Red Lion Port Angeles 3-Star Hotel in Port Angeles Save with Expedia, $19/night less
- Super Low Port Angeles Rate: Book Fr $137+/Nt — $137 Hotels.com
- Super 8 Port Angeles on Sale: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Expedia
- Book in Port Angeles Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Hotels.com