The Olympic peninsula's elegant snowcapped and forested landscape is edged on all sides by water: to the north, the Strait of Juan de Fuca separates the United States from Canada, a network of Puget Sound bays laces the east, the Chehalis River meanders along the southern end, and the massive gray Pacific Ocean guards the west side.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save $$ in Port Angeles: Book Fr $137+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book in Port Angeles: Save this May Fr $97+/Nt Expedia
- Starting Fr $139: Great Port Angeles Price — $139 Hotels.com
- Book in Port Angeles: Save this May Fr $151+/Nt — $151 Expedia
- Super Low Port Angeles Rate: Book Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Hotels.com