Olympic in One Day
Olympic in One Day
Start at the Lake Quinault Lodge, in the park's southwest corner. From here, drive a half hour into the Quinault Valley via South Shore Road. Tackle the forested Graves Creek Trail, then head up North Shore Road to the Quinault Rain Forest Interpretive Trail. Next, head back to Highway 101 and drive to Ruby Beach, where a shoreline walk presents a breathtaking scene of sea stacks and sparkling, pink-hued sands.
Forks, and its Timber Museum, are your next stop; have lunch here, then drive 20 minutes to the beach at La Push. Next, head to Lake Crescent, around the corner to the northeast, where you can rent a boat, take a swim, or enjoy a picnic next to the sparkling teal waters. Drive through Port Angeles to Hurricane Ridge; count on an hour's drive from bottom to top if there aren't too many visitors. At the ridge, explore the visitor center or hike the 3-mi loop to Hurricane Hill, where you can see over the entire park north to Vancouver Island and south past Mt. Olympus.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Book in Port Angeles Fr $137+/Nt Hotels.com
- Port Angeles Savings! Book at Port Angeles Inn Fr $151+/Nt Expedia
- Super Low Port Angeles Rate: Book Fr $139+/Nt — $139 Hotels.com
- Book in Port Angeles: Save this May Fr $155+/Nt — $155 Expedia
- Super Low Port Angeles Rate: Book Fr $150+/Nt — $150 Hotels.com