Seattle Environs Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
1. Take a Ride: Hop on the Seattle—Bainbridge ferry for spectacular views of Puget Sound and its islands. The panorama of downtown is unbeatable! Tip: Try a sunset return.
2. Wander a While: Stroll through the charming ferry-stop village of Winslow, with its cafés, bookshops, wineries, and waterfront restaurants.
3. Explore Outdoors: Head to Point Defiance Park in Tacoma to venture through forest paths, along driftwood beach scenes, and around the collection of exotic zoo creatures.
4. Go Navy: The Bremerton waterfront opens the U.S. Turner Joy, the Naval Museum, and other maritime attractions.
5. Cruise the Docks: Rent a kayak to explore Puget Sound's charming seaside communities of Poulsbo or Gig Harbor.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle
- $86 -- 3-Star Downtown Seattle Hotel Near Space Needle — $86 Hotwire.com