Nightlife & the Arts in Seattle
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Every neighborhood has a little bit of everything, save for dance clubs, which are in short supply and mostly concentrated in Pioneer Square and Belltown. The number of bars in each neighborhood increases greatly if you take into account all of the stellar restaurants that also have happening bar scenes—in some cases the line between restaurant and nightspot is quite blurred. The happy-hour scene is positively bumpin' in Seattle; bars, lounges, gastropubs, breweries, sushi spots, hotel bars, and restaurants alike often have one, or even two, happy hours per night, often from 3 to 6 and again after 10. It's definitely worth calling to ask about happy-hour details. Many favorite restaurants—especially those on Capitol Hill and in Ballard and Belltown—have alluring bar areas that rival the most popular watering holes in the same locales.
If jazz is your thing, check out the Seattle Jazz Vespers, held the first Sunday of every month at the Seattle First Baptist Church (corner of Harvard Avenue and Seneca Street; www.seattlefirstbaptist.org) starting at 6 pm. The event lasts about an hour and a half, with outstanding musicians playing two sets; the church's pastor gives a brief sermon between sets.
Browse Seattle Nightlife
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle