- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- ultratrendy but with some of the most affordable rates in town
- good place to meet other travelers
- free Wi-Fi
- most rooms have shared bathrooms
- not for people who want pampering
- neighborhood rife with panhandlers
- lots of stairs to get to lobby
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Ace Hotel Review
The Ace is a dream come true for both penny-pinching hipsters and folks who appreciate unique minimalist decor. Almost everything is white—even the wood floors and brick walls have been painted—making elements like randomly placed tree stumps pop in this gallery-like space. Rooms continue the theme, with such touches as army-surplus blankets, industrial metal sinks, and street art breaking up any notion of austerity. The cheapest rooms share bathrooms, which have enormous showers. Suites are larger and have private bathrooms. A small dining room hosts a Continental breakfast and has a vending machine with unusual items like Japanese snacks and hangover cures. This is a very specific experience and aesthetic: if you're not soothed (or stimulated) by the stripped-down quality of the rooms or not amused by finding a copy of the Kama Sutra where the Bible would be, you may want to stay elsewhere.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $59* & up -- Fares from 64 U.S. Cities into September, e/w Frontier Airlines
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
Have been numerous times to your fair corner of the world & LOVE the Pac NW. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more