- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Thierry Rautureau (dubbed the "chef in the hat" for his signature Panama-style hats) is one of the Northwest's most imaginative and charming chefs, and his restaurant is an essential Seattle foodie destination. Sea scallops, squab, lobster, and rabbit are frequent offerings on the prix-fixe menu (though items are also available à la carte, and there's a vegetarian menu as well). Traditional accoutrements such as foie gras pay homage to Rautureau's French roots, but bold combinations of local ingredients are evidence of his wanderlust. The service at Rover's is downright excellent, the setting romantic, and the presentation stunning. Rover's is a short cab ride from the center of Capitol Hill, in the Madison Park neighborhood. Rautureau is also frequently on-site at adorable Luc (2800 E. Madison, 206/328-6645), his busy casual French bistro just next door, but Rover's is the real destination restaurant.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle
- $86 -- 3-Star Downtown Seattle Hotel Near Space Needle — $86 Hotwire.com
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more