- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
At a Glance
- near Pike Place Market and the Space Needle
- newly renovated
- one of the best happy hours in town
- some street-facing rooms can be a little noisy, small gym
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Hotel Monaco Review
Thanks to a massive $5.2-million renovation completed in 2012, the once slightly dated 189-room hotel has sprung back to life with a modern-meets-global look. Designed by Andrea Dawson (of the Drake Hotel in San Francisco and the Alexis Hotel in Seattle), the lobby is outfitted with mid-century-inspired sofas, Regency-style table lamps, artwork by local Seattle artists, and a mosaic-tiled fireplace. Rooms are done in a palette of soft reds and gunmetal grays, with beds topped with Frette linens, floor-to-ceiling drapes have a Turkish motif, and floor lamps recall telescopes. The hotel hasn't lost any of its Kimpton character in the process, though: there are still goldfish offered at check-in for homesick nights, a nightly wine reception for meeting other guests, and complimentary bike use.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $169-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $169-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $140 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $140 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I have 3 full days in Seatle, WA. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more