- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Sitka & Spruce
Sitka & Spruce Review
Anchoring the hot Melrose Market (between Pike and Pine), which houses a hip bar, a cheesemonger, and a butcher, Sitka & Spruce is the Capitol Hill eatery of James Beard Award-winner Matthew Dillon. Romantic, chic, friendly, and cutting edge all at once, S&S is a heaven for foodies—try to snag a table at the large butcher block that extends from the chef's kitchen for a view of the cooks at work. Choose from seasonally-rotating offerings such as king bolete mushrooms with blistered fava beans, whole baby turnips in tarragon with house-made yogurt with za'atar spice, and deliciously tender charcoal-grilled chicken served with rye berries grown in nearby Winthrop. The sourdough bread baked at Dillon's Georgetown project, The Corson Building, is a bargain even at $4 (fancy butters and spreads included). Mondays the menu is given over to authentic, inexpensive (and no-reservation) Mexican taco nights.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off The Westin Seattle
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $86 -- 3-Star Downtown Seattle Hotel Near Space Needle — $86 Hotwire.com
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
We (husband and 6 yr old son) will be flying to Seattle on July 4th, staying the weekend. Read more
· News & Features
Taking an art-fueled tour of Europe would be a dream.... Read more
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels.... Read more
Seattle and Portland are well known for a farm-to-table, hyper-local philosophy that permeates everything... Read more