- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Seattle Convention and Visitors Bureau has a full calendar of events at www.visitseattle.org/cultural. Foodies will want to hit up Taste of Washington (spring www.tastewashington.org) for the best of food and wine, as well as Bite of Seattle (July www.biteofseattle.com), the Northwest Chocolate Festival (September www.nwchocolate.com) and Seattle International Beer Fest (July www.seattlebeerfest.com). The Seattle International Film Festival presents more than 200 features (May-June www.siff.net).
Music lovers have three major events to keep them happy: Bumbershoot (September www.bumbershoot.org) is Seattle's premier music festival, packed with major acts, as well as dance and theater, while Northwest Folklife Festival (May www.nwfolklife.org) is a free, family-friendly event featuring folk music and dance from around the globe. Hipsters will want to check out Capitol Hill Block Party (July www.capitolhillblockparty.com) for the best indie pop, rock, hip-hop, and alt-country.
The Seattle Pride Festival (June www.seattlepride.org) has the Northwest's biggest gay, lesbian, and transgender pride parade. A local favorite, the quirky Fremont Fair Summer Solstice Parade (June www.fremontfair.org) provides a glimpse into the true character of the city. Seafair (July-August www.seafair.com) is the biggest summer festival; hydroplane races are just one major event.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $169-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $169-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $140 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $140 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle