Southwestern Washington Travel Guide
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2013
With volcanic peaks to the northeast, the Columbia River Gorge to the southeast, and sandy beaches along the Pacific shore, southwestern Washington offers ample opportunity for exploration and adventure. It's also home to one of the most famous sections of the Lewis and Clark Trail: it was near Long Beach, after making their way west through the Columbia River Gorge, that Meriwether Lewis and William Clark first saw the Pacific Ocean.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southwestern Washington restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southwestern Washington
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Explore Tacoma For Less! Book Fr $67+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book 3-Star The Villa Bed & Breakfast in Tacoma Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Expedia
- 3-Star Courtyard Tacoma Downtown Fr $199+/Nt — $199 Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South Fr $110+/Nt — $110 Expedia
1. At Cape Disappointment State Park, visitors can follow in the footsteps of Lewis and Clark.... Read more
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now46° F Light Rain 89% Humidity May 21, 2013 at 6:53AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more