Ocean Park is the commercial center of the peninsula's quieter north end. It was founded as a camp for the Methodist Episcopal Church of Portland in 1883. Although the law that prohibited the establishment of saloons and gambling houses no longer exists, the deeds for some homes still state that the properties will be forfeited if alcohol is bought on the premises.
Elsewhere in Southwestern Washington
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $72.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Save $$ in Tacoma: Book Fr $127+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $45/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Tacoma Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- 4-Star Murano Fr $189+/Nt — $189 Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- May deal: Hampton Inn & Suites Tacoma-Mall Fr $149+/Nt — $149 Save with Expedia, $14/night less