Packwood is a pretty mountain village on U.S. 12, below White Pass. It's a great base for exploring wilderness areas, since it's between Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens.
Elsewhere in Southwestern Washington
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South Fr $110+/Nt Save with Expedia, $7/night less
- 4-Star Murano Fr $189+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $10/night less
- Save in Tacoma: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $183+/Nt — $183 Expedia
- 3-Star BEST WESTERN PLUS Tacoma Dome Fr $135+/Nt — $135 Save with Hotels.com, $12/night less
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle in May: $113 & Up — $113 Expedia