Beacon Rock State Park
Beacon Rock State Park Review
The rock in Beacon Rock State Park, the world's second-largest monolith, was named by Lewis and Clark and is actually the core of an ancient volcano. At this landmark along the Columbia River, the explorers first noticed tidal influences in the river. The 4,650-acre park has camping and a lengthy shoreline. You can climb the rock via a steep trail for amazing views of the Columbia River Gorge. Trails lead from the campground to stunning waterfalls and the top of Hamilton Mountain.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $80.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Starting Fr $67: Great Tacoma Price Hotels.com
- Small budget: Stay in Tacoma this May Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Save with Expedia, $17/night less
- $96 & Up: Cheap Tacoma Stay — $96 Hotels.com
- $183 & Up: Courtyard Tacoma Downtown 3-Star Hotel in Tacoma — $183 Expedia
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
My cousin will be flying to Seattle on August 17 to meet up with his girlfriend and is looking for a car trip (or trips) they can take from Seattle over the following five or six days (will be flying back Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Swiss city of Basel is getting ready to host to the who's who of the art world yet again, with the... Read more
Do you suffer from Vacation Deprivation?... Read more