42nd Street Cafe
42nd Street Cafe Review
Chef Jake Burden's fare is inspired, original, and reasonably priced. Make a meal of small plates like fried green tomatoes or Willapa Bay steamer clams Provençal. Dinner entrées—such as cranberry barbecue glazed baby back ribs with polenta, pan-fried oysters or clams, and eight-hour pot roast—come with house-baked bread, marionberry conserve, and seasonal local vegetables. Most come in two sizes, small and full. Chocolate lovers should save room for the rich chocolate rum truffle cheesecake for dessert, or go for the lighter mini mint chocolate sorbet. The excellent wine list has Pacific Northwest labels.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $69.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Tacoma Hotwire
- Explore Tacoma For Less! Book Fr $67+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book 3-Star The Villa Bed & Breakfast in Tacoma Fr $185+/Nt — $185 Expedia
- 3-Star Courtyard Tacoma Downtown Fr $199+/Nt — $199 Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- May deal: Extended Stay America - Tacoma - South Fr $110+/Nt — $110 Expedia
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
One night only in Seatlle prior to cruise. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more