- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain-bike rental rates start at around $5 an hour and $25 a day; tandem, recumbent, and electric bikes are $13 to $20 an hour or $42 to $65 per day. Helmets are $1 extra. Children's bike trailers and additional equipment are usually available. Reservations are recommended, particularly in summer.
The Bike Shop on Lopez makes free deliveries to the ferry docks or your hotel. Lopez Village, WA. 360/468-3497.
Cycle San Juans offers rentals and tours under the slogan "Cycle with bald Lopezian to discover island curiosities." Hwy. 1, Lopez Island, WA. 360/468-3251.
Lopez Bicycle Works. At the marina 4 miles from the ferry, this full-service operation can bring bicycles to your door or the ferry. In addition to cruisers and mountain bikes, the shop aslo rents tandem and recumbent bikes. 2847 Fisherman Bay Rd., Lopez Village, WA, 98261. 360/468-2847. www.lopezbicycleworks.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle