- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spring Bay Inn
At a Glance
- Spectacular location, free kayaking
- Often booked far in advance
Spring Bay Inn Review
Two former park rangers run this woodland B&B at the edge of private Spring Bay. All rooms have water views, wood-burning fireplaces, feather beds, and sitting areas; one room has an outdoor hot tub. Mornings begin with coffee, muffins, and croissants outside your door—fortification for the free, two-hour kayaking trip around the island's craggy edges, or for hiking the trails that meander through the property. Afterward, there's an enormous complimentary brunch. Winter is for group bookings only, with a gourmet dinner option available. One of the owners is also a minister who can perform marriage ceremonies along the inn's forested bluffs.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $174 & up -- SF: 4-Star Hotel near Union Square, 45% Off Expedia
- $186 & up -- 5-Star Seattle Hotel, Save 50% Expedia
- $149-$189 -- Downtown Seattle Hotel incl. Memorial Day — $149-$189 Renaissance Seattle Hotel
- $135 & up -- Seattle 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 50% — $135 Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $175 & up -- Downtown Seattle 4-Star Hotel, 40% Off — $175 The Westin Seattle
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
Just starting to plan a possible drive and wondering if a good time to go to avoid crowds would be the end of August/first of September. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more