Yakima River Valley Travel Guide
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2013
The Yakima River binds a region of great contrasts. Snow-capped volcanic peaks and golden hills overlook a natural grass steppe turned green by irrigation. Famed throughout the world for its apples and cherries, its wine and hops, this fertile landscape is also the ancestral home of the Yakama people from whom it takes its name.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Yakima River Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Yakima River Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $80.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Yakima Hotwire
- Explore Yakima For Less! Book Fr $119+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- $29.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Yakima Hotwire
- Yakima Savings! Book at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima Fr $158+/Nt — $158 Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Yakima — $25 Hotwire
Inn at Suncadia: A beautiful resort-lodge for golfers, hikers, skiers, or just about anybody looking to get out and play.... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now69° F Scattered Clouds 31% Humidity May 19, 2013 at 1:53PM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I am planning a trip that would include going both to the Tofino area of British Columbia (4 nights, 3 days) and the San Juan Islands (3 or 4 nights, 2 or 3 days), but am now wondering whether they are Read more