- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Ginkgo and Wanapum State Parks
Ginkgo and Wanapum State Parks Review
Separated by I-90, 28 miles east of Ellensburg on the Columbia River, are two state parks. Ginkgo Petrified Forest State Park preserves a fossil forest of ginkgos and other trees. A 3-mile-long trail leads from the interpretive center. Wanapum State Park, 3 miles south, has camping and river access for boaters.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Yakima Savings! Book at Holiday Inn Express Yakima Fr $123+/Nt Expedia
- Explore Yakima For Less! Book Fr $99+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $16/night less
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Yakima Hotwire
- May deal: Quality Inn Fr $97+/Nt — $97 Expedia
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Yakima — $20 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
One night only in Seatlle prior to cruise. Read more
· News & Features
After months of grounding due to safety and reliability concerns, the buzzed-about Boeing 787 Dreamline... Read more
Montenegro is heating up, and for good reason.... Read more
You're all ready to go to Disney—the kids are packed, you've got good walking shoes.... Read more