- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- a unique experience for this region
- good restaurant on site
- a little difficult to find
- restaurant only open three nights a week
Birchfield Manor Review
The valley's most luxurious accommodations are on a plateau just east of Yakima, surrounded by hop yards (fields where most of the brewery hops in the United States are grown), corn, and cattle. The old manor houses the restaurant and five upstairs rooms, while a newer, more private cottage contains rooms with such amenities as steam-sauna showers and gas fireplaces. Chef-owner Brad Masset oversees the continental-style restaurant ($$$-$$$$; one seating Thursday through Saturday; reservations essential), often assisted by his father Will, a European-trained chef who established the inn in 1978, and his brother Greg, a local vintner. The limited prix-fixe menu changes seasonally. The wine cellar has an excellent selection of local and imported vintages.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $80.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Yakima Hotwire
- Explore Yakima For Less! Book Fr $119+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $30/night less
- $29.99 & up : Full Size rentals in Yakima Hotwire
- Yakima Savings! Book at Hilton Garden Inn Yakima Fr $158+/Nt — $158 Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Yakima — $25 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
I am planning a trip that would include going both to the Tofino area of British Columbia (4 nights, 3 days) and the San Juan Islands (3 or 4 nights, 2 or 3 days), but am now wondering whether they are Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more