- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Central Washington University
Central Washington University Review
The nearly 11,000 students here enjoy a pleasant, tree-shaded campus marked by tasteful redbrick architecture. Its 8th Avenue side has several handsome buildings dating from its founding in 1891 as the State Normal School. Near the center of campus is a serene Japanese garden. The Sarah Spurgeon Gallery, in Randall Hall, features the work of regional and national artists as well as students and faculty.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $128 & Up: Cheap Yakima Stay Save with Hotels.com, $61/night less
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Yakima Fr $158+/Nt Expedia
- $24.99 & up : Midsize rentals in Yakima Hotwire
- Save $$ in Yakima: Book Fr $99+/Nt — $99 Save with Hotels.com, $16/night less
- $19.99 & up : Compact rentals in Yakima — $20 Hotwire
An article about the top ten attractions in the May 12, 2013, edition of The Seattle Times got me to thinking about my favorite attractions in my home town.
My top three, it turns out, are the Pike Place Read more
Back home safe and sound...had a wonderful trip and enjoyed seeing 'new for us' territories!
We left Sun City at 3 on April 1..Easter Monday and drove to Flagstaff. Desert flowers were beautiful Read more
One night only in Seatlle prior to cruise. Read more
· News & Features
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more
A family trip to Hawaii's Big Island would be one filled with outdoor thrills, animal adventures, and... Read more