General Mitchell International Airport (MKE), 6 miles south of downtown via I-94, is served by several domestic and international carriers. 5300 S. Howell Ave., Milwaukee, WI. 414/747-5300.
Flying time is 4 hours from New York and 9 hours from London.
Air Canada. 888/247-2262.
America West. 800/433-7300 or 800/235-9292.
US Airways. 800/428-4322.
From the U.K.
British Airways. 0345/222-111.
Virgin Atlantic. 01293/747-747.
Transfers Between the Airport and Town
Milwaukee County Transit System operates buses to and from the airport; fare is $1.35, and exact change is required. 414/344-6711.
To reach downtown Milwaukee from the airport take I-94 north about 6 miles.
Taxis between the airport and downtown take about 20 minutes; fare runs from $20 to $22. Taxis can be ordered by phone; try Yellow Cab or 414/271-1800.
City Veteran. 414/291-8900.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T American Airlines
- $129 & up -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 65% Off The Westin Michigan Avenue Chicago
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $127 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 65% — $127 The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center