- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Just about every community in the region has private campgrounds and RV parks. The Wyoming Campground Association can provide information on these campgrounds.
You can also camp on public lands managed by the U.S. Forest Service and local Bureaus of Land Management; these camping opportunities range from dispersed camping with no facilities to campgrounds with water, fire pits, and picnic tables. Some of the best camping spots are in the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest near the communities of Centennial, Saratoga, Encampment, and Baggs. Camping near lakes and reservoirs is possible west of Cheyenne at Curt Gowdy State Park and south of Green River at Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area.
Kemmerer District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/828-4500. www.wy.blm.gov/kfo/info.htm.
Rawlins District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/328-4200. www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Rawlins.htm/.
Rock Springs District Bureau of Land Management. WY. 307/352-0256. www.blm.gov/wy/st/en/field_offices/Rock_Springs.html.
U.S. Forest Service. WY. 303/275-5350. www.fs.fed.us/r2.
Wyoming Campground Association. WY. 307/684-5722. www.campwyoming.org/.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Rock Springs Savings! Book 3 Nts in May Fr $77+/Nt Expedia
- $112.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Rock Springs Hotwire
- $26.00 & up : Economy rentals in Laramie Hotwire
- Book the La Quinta Inn Rock Springs 3 Nts in May Fr $98+/Nt — $98 Expedia
- $31.28 & up : Full Size rentals in Laramie — $32 Hotwire