- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Historic Hat Creek Stage Station
Historic Hat Creek Stage Station Review
You can still see the remains of one of the Cheyenne-Deadwood Stage Line stops at the Historic Hat Creek Stage Station. Also here are an old schoolhouse and post office out in the tallgrass plains. You can wander among the buildings whenever you like.
- Address: 15 mi north of Lusk on U.S. 85, then 2 mi east on gravel road, Lusk, WY, 82225.
- Cost: Free
- Hours: Daily
- Location: Lusk
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- May deal: Courtyard by Marriott Casper Fr $125+/Nt Expedia
- $65.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Casper Hotwire
- $30.95 & up : Compact rentals in Casper Hotwire
- Small budget: Book The Cody 3 Nts in May Fr $254+/Nt — $254 Expedia
- $32.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Casper — $33 Hotwire
My family took a summer vacation late July/early August. Read more
(I started this last July just after we returned from our trip! Read more
I appreciate all the responses from all the folks who respond and share.
I am planning to visit YNP and the MT. Rushmore area in Sept. Yellowstone is pretty much committed to the end of Sept 2013 due to Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more