- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- just blocks from shopping on Florida Street
- lobby bar serves up superb, stiff cocktails
- clientele is homogeneous—almost all retirement age
- bathrooms are small
Fodor's FindsLowest Price Guarantee
Tall white columns front the entrance, beyond which is the high-ceilinged lobby and a traditional British café and piano bar that draws a steady stream of politicians and businessmen. The redbrick building dates from 1946, and was built with an Anglo-Argentine clientele in mind; that feeling lingers in the spacious, elegant rooms with their bright floral patterns and wood paneling. The pool and spa are ideal for chilling out after a long porteño night.
- Address: Tucumán 535, Centro, Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, 1049 | Map It
- Phone: 11/4314-2020; 800/223-5652 in U.S.; 34/902-932424 international
- Website: www.claridge.com.ar
- Metro C to San Martín.
- Location: Centro
- 146 rooms, 6 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $165-$195 -- Buenos Aires Luxe Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Libertador Hotel
- $150 -- Argentina 4-Star Hotel in Wine Region w/Breakfast Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes
A little help goes a long way. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
I have a booked a hotel in Puerto Iguazu for one night and our plan is to check-out, see the falls on the Argentinian side and head over to Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport (IGR) to Read more
· News & Features
Jorge Mario Bergoglio, once Archbishop of Buenos Aires and now Pope Francisco I, hails from Buenos Aires,... Read more
Get beyond tango: add a quick side trip to your Buenos Aires itinerary and you'll find a whole new pa... Read more
Let's play a little word association.... Read more