- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Just one bus company, Maria Rueda, serves Cachi from Salta. You're advised to buy tickets the day before for the journey that takes just over four hours on a good day. For more flexibility, Remis San José runs a fixed-price taxi service four times a day. The cost is about 150 pesos. They also offer transfers to Cafayate and the villages in between and sightseeing tours of the area. Local guide Santiago Casimiro is a former mountain rescuer who offers treks and tours by car. What he has to show is fascinating, but he doesn't speak much English. Check with the tourist office about other tour options.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel