- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
El Indio runs three bus services a day from Salta (four hours). It's best to buy your ticket the day before if you can, especially in summer. From Tucumán (five hours), Aconquija has three buses a day. In town, many agencies and hotels offer bicycle rental, and there are some good bodegas and sights to visit within a few miles of town. There are also lots of opportunities to explore the countryside on horseback or go on a hike, either organized or by yourself.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $109 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel