- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
You get here via a clearly marked 3-km (2-mi) detour off Ruta 9 onto Ruta 52. Any of the many buses running from Jujuy to Humahuaca and beyond will drop you at the junction to wait for a local bus to take you the final 3 km (2 mi) into town. Evelina SA runs about 10 buses a day through here, to and from both Jujuy and Humahuaca.
Almost no place has its own street number (they're marked "s/n" or sin numero [no number] in addresses), but the town is so small that everything is either on or within one block of the main square, Plaza 9 de Julio. There's no bank or hospital, but there is a cash machine next to the tourist information office.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $115 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel