- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Avoid people on the street who offer to change your currency to pesos; head to a bank instead. Banks are generally open weekdays 7-1 and 4-8. For ATMs, look for the maroon "Banelco" sign of Argentina's largest ATM network. You can use your Plus or Cirrus card to withdraw pesos. Traveler's checks aren't recommended in the Northwest. Few places accept them, and with ATMs so easy to find there's little need for them. Outside the major towns many businesses don't accept credit cards and cash is sometimes the only option.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $115 & up -- Downtown Phoenix 4-Diamond Hotel at 40% Off Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel