- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Many of Mendoza's back roads lead through the suburbs and vineyards into the Andean foothills and upward to mountain villages—or all the way to Chile.
Bikes and Wines. Bikes and Wines rents motorbikes and three kinds of mountain bikes for full- or half-day self-guided tours in the wine district of Maipú. Trips include a map, water bottle, a glass of Malbec to get the trip started off right, lunch, and medical and mechanical assistance. You begin at La Rural winery and museum and along the way visit three wineries, a chocolate and liquor factory, and an olive oil company. The lunch stop is at a deli, where you can eat on a patio. Urquiza 1606, Maipu, Mendoza, 5515. 261/410-6686. www.bikesandwines.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $150 -- Argentina 4-Star Hotel in Wine Region w/Breakfast Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes