- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
At a Glance
- stately decor
- romantic (no children under 10)
- lots of personal attention
- high price tag, yet doesn't accept credit cards
- not good for families with kids
- closed in winter
Château d'Ancón Review
Inside, curved oak doors open onto marble halls filled with antiques, statues, paintings, tapestries, and family photographs; not surpirisingly, this formal place isn't cheap, but the price includes all meals, tea, cocktails, a wine tasting, a 4x4 vineyard tour, and a horseback ride. You can taste estate-bottled wine in the English pub, dine in an exquisitely old-fashioned room furnished with Bombal family antiques shipped from Europe in 1933, or check out the view from the tower. Lucila Bombal, the granddaughter of the original owners, personally entertains guests with stories of her family's history if she is in town.
- Address: R89, 2 km (1 mi) west of the village of San José and R86, Tupungato, Mendoza, 5551
- Phone: 261/4235-8455 in Mendoza; 2622/488-245 in Tupungato
- Website: www.estanciancon.com
- Location: Tupungato
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- No credit cards.
- Closed mid-May--mid-Oct.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $150 -- Argentina 4-Star Hotel in Wine Region w/Breakfast Sheraton Mendoza Hotel
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
A little help goes a long way. Read more
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
I have a booked a hotel in Puerto Iguazu for one night and our plan is to check-out, see the falls on the Argentinian side and head over to Cataratas del Iguazú International Airport (IGR) to Read more
· News & Features
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more
Summertime is practically synonymous with road trips.... Read more