- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
This popular weekend escape for Paceños is a regular stop on the guided-tour circuit and the easiest way to experience the beauty of the lake. Huatajata is a practical base for exploring the area, and there is a succession of cheap and not so cheap trout restaurants along the road. The fish is fresh in all of them. For picnics, you can try the tree-lined but heavily littered pebble-strewn beach at Chúa, the village beyond Huatajata.
Huatajata at a Glance
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe