Your first glimpse of the small resort town of Coroico will be unforgettable as you come around one of the numerous bends in the road on the long descent down from the Andes. People come here to see Los Yungas, an astounding subtropical region, as well as for an excellent break from the city of La Paz. If you really want to earn your sunbed by the pool, hitch onto a bicycle tour down the old "Road of Death."
Coroico at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe