Rio de Janeiro Hotels
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rio de Janeiro Hotel Reviews
Most hotels are in Copacabana and Ipanema. Copacabana hotels are close to the action (and the metro), but the neighborhood is noisier than Ipanema (which is itself noisier than São Conrado and Barra da Tijuca). Note that "motels" aren't aimed at tourists. They attract couples looking for privacy and usually rent by the hour.
Expect to pay a premium for a room with a view. Many hotels include breakfast in the rate, but the quality varies from a full buffet to a hard roll with butter. If you're traveling during peak periods (December-March), make reservations as far in advance as possible.
Browse Rio de Janeiro Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes