Cycling and Jogging in São Paulo
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Cycling and Jogging
Parque Ibirapuera. Going for a ride or a run in one of São Paulo's parks can be the best options if you want a little exercise. For cyclists there are usually plenty of rental options (from R$5 per hour) available and special lanes just for riders. Parque Ibirapuera gets busy on the weekends, but is well worth the effort. Av. Pedro Álvares Cabral s/n, Parque Ibirapuera, São Paulo, 04094-000. 011/5574 5045. www.parqueibirapuera.org.
Parque Vila Lobos. Parque Vila Lobos has fewer trees and history but is big and has plenty of winding pathways wide enough to accommodate everyone. There are bike-rental stands inside the park, as well as a few soccer pitches and a big, concrete square with basketball half-courts, and a few food-and-drink options. Av. Professor Fonseca Rodrigues, 1655, Alto de Pinheiros, São Paulo, 05461-010. 011/3023-0316. www.ambiente.sp.gov.br/parquevillalobos/. 6-6.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours — $2,900 LatinEscapes