- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Little more than two hours from Rio de Janeiro, Búzios is a string of beautiful beaches on an 8-km-long (5-mi-long) peninsula. It was a fishing village until the 1960s, when Brigitte Bardot holidayed here to escape the paparazzi.
Búzios has something for everyone. Some hotels cater specifically to families and offer plenty of activities and around-the-clock childcare. Many offer spa facilities, and some specialize in weeklong retreats. For outdoor enthusiasts, Búzios offers surfing, windsurfing, kite surfing, diving, hiking, and mountain biking.
Búzios at a Glance
Contacts & Resources
Elsewhere in Side Trips from Rio
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $334 -- Luxe Brazil Beach Resort w/Breakfast, 35% Off Sheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio De Janeiro Dumont
- $2140 & up -- Brazil & Argentina: 8-Nt. Escape w/Air & Tours LatinEscapes.com
- Alluring South America IExplore