- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports & the Outdoors
Belém's two futebol (soccer) teams are Payssandú and Remo. Payssandú has been in the premier league for several years and is highly popular. Attending a Brazilian match is a memorable experience. Do not go alone and do not wear the other team's colors. Beware of pickpockets. Estádio Evandro Almeida. For Remo games head to Estádio Evandro Almeida. Av. Almirante Barroso s/n, Marco, Nazaré, 66093-900. 091/3223-2847. www.clubedoremo.com.br.
Estádio Leônidas de Castro. Paysandú plays at Estádio Leônidas de Castro. Av. Almirante Barroso s/n, Marco, Nazaré, 66093-020. 091/3246-8898. www.paysandu.com.br/estadio.php.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe