- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Given the enormous size of the region and the difficulty of traveling large distances, most visitors only travel through one region. For example, you can visit Manaus and its surrounding area or choose the Belém region. If you fly into Manaus, see the Meeting of the Waters, walk through the Adolfo Lisboa market, and take a tour in Teatro Amazonas. Then take a boat to a jungle lodge for a few days for trekking, swimming, and wildlife viewing. Conversely, fly into Belém and explore historic sites for a couple of days and then take a boat and van to a ranch on Marajó Island for a cultural experience and to see some wildlife watching.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe