- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Chiloe Hotel Reviews
There are several good hotels on Chiloé, but none would pass for luxury lodgings on the mainland. That said, the islands have perfectly acceptable, reasonably priced hotels. Castro and Ancud have the most varied choices; Chonchi, Achao, and Quellón less so. Central heating and a light breakfast are standard in better hostelries. Not all places, especially in rural towns, can take credit cards, but ATMs are more readily available than you might expect.
Outside the major cities, lodgings are slim. In summer, hospedaje (lodging) signs seem to sprout in front of every other house in Castro and Ancud, as homeowners rent rooms to visitors. Quality varies, so inspect the premises before agreeing to take a room from someone who greets you at the bus station.
Browse Chiloe Hotels
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes