- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Hotel Tierra del Fuego
At a Glance
- great location
- good restaurant
- amicable staff
- rooms vary in quality
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Tierra del Fuego Review
This rambling alerce-shingle house, dating from the 1920s, is on Quellón's waterfront. You'll notice a significant change of light when you've crossed the threshold between the original rooms, with their small windows, and those added in the past decade. Opt for one of the wood-paneled rooms in the newer wing or on the third floor; they maintain the style of the original house, and sunlight streams in through big windows. Everyone in town seems to stop by for lunch at the bustling restaurant downstairs.
- Address: Av. Pedro Montt 445, Quellón
- Phone: 65/682-079
- Location: Quellón
- 23 rooms, 2 suites; 14 with bath.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
Thanks for all your help in planning my last trip to Italy and Spain. Read more
· News & Features
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions.... Read more