- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Fogon de Cucao
At a Glance
- excellent service
- few rooms so bookings must be made in advance
El Fogon de Cucao Review
Founded in 1997 by Miguel Angel, a longtime reporter for some of Chile's most important newspapers, the Fogon de Cucao is a cozy architectural gem of a hotel. Made from nearby native trees by the owner himself, the hotel has a homey atmosphere with rustic decor and big beds. Some rooms have their own terraces, where guests can sit and gaze out at a tremendous view of the park and Cucao Lake. Facilities are spotless. The restaurant occasionally hosts live music, and there's also a campground and a general store. The hotel will happily arrange horseback excursions through the park's hills, forests, and beaches.
- Address: Within Chiloé National Park, near Cucao entrance at southern end of park
- Phone: 9/946-5685
- Location: Parque Nacional Chiloé
- 9 rooms, 1 cabin.
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
Me, my wife and our 8-yr old are planning on making a trip to Easter Island and Santiago in mid-April 2014. I am using my airline miles to buy the tickets; hence the need to plan a year in advance. Read more
· News & Features
Whether as an ending to a South American tour or as a trip of solely outdoor adventures, Patagonia calls... Read more
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more