- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
El Barco Rojo
El Barco Rojo Review
In 1913, a French ship called the Ville de Dijon sank off the coast of Papudo. The beams, doors, portholes, and other sundry parts were salvaged to build The Red Ship. Poet Pablo Neruda once frequented the spot. The ceiling is papered with love letters to the restaurant written by patrons. Tables and chairs are a delightful hodgepodge of styles and colors, and the tiny bar is eclectically furnished with bric-a-brac. The menu is dominated by seafood, but includes treats such as fried empanadas filled with cheese and basil.
- Address: Av. Irarrazaval 300, Papudo
- Phone: 33/791-488
- Location: Papudo
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Mon.--Thurs. Mar.--Dec.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $289 -- Chile: Swanky Santiago Hotel w/Breakfast, 35% Off W Santiago
- $2900 & up -- South America 14-Day, 5-City Trip w/7 Tours LatinEscapes
- Alluring South America IExplore
- Chile Experience — $4,089 IExplore
- Breathtaking Patagonia — $7,995 IExplore
This is the beginning of what will probably be a very long trip report spread over the next few months. Read more
For 12 years+, our "winter's vacation" see us in Tucson, White Stallion ranch for 7-10 days : sun, horses, hikes,...
Anny could no more ride and Salome our daughter is now in university and so this destinatio Read more
Hi there, My wife and I are planning our first 2 month trip to South Amercia with the itinerary below and would like to get your feedback: -
Do I have the right cities / no. Read more
· News & Features
The Atacama desert in Chile is the driest place on Earth.... Read more
Wine and beer treatments might be old hat in Europe, but from Chicago to Chile, New World spas are discovering... Read more
The start of a new year is a time for reflection and resolutions.... Read more